Monday 20 August 2007

Jyväskylä

Arrived into Jyväskylä on Friday afternoon and met up with Jaarko. We went for a drive up to the town's ski jump which was up on a little hill but was enourmous. These people who jump must be crazy. From here we had a good view over the town, pine forests and lakes. We then enjoyed a beer in the pedestrian mall in town while the girls bought a huge salmon for dinner which was delicious.
On Saturday I did a lap of the lake which took a couple of hours. All the locals were out on their rollerblades and nordic walking poles making them look like spiderman. In the afternoon I went with Jaarko to see some of the suburbs and visit the water tower in the middle of town to get a better view of town. Enjoyed a great big fondue for dinner, good preparation for going to Switzerland next week.
Sunday was a day to relax. I went for a walk around the other side of the lake, through the centre of town and up the hill behind the house.
The next morning I caught the train to Rovaniemi up on the arctic circle. This was a long 9 hour trip through Pieksämaki, Kuopio, Kajaani, Oulu and Kemi.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Louis

soon you will visite Switzerland
again. Where will you stay?
Call me from the airport:
041-420 67 01, (Pension Panorama, Luzern) I only visite my
e-mail-box in the eve/night.

näkemiin
Kurt