Friday 30 March 2007

Cerro Catedral

So today I headed to Cerro Catedral which is a big ski resort. The guys at the hostel told me the bus to get out there, but it didn´t go all the way, so while I was waiting for the proper bus I started walking up to Villa Catedral. I don´t know how often that bus was meant to run, but by the time it turned up, I only had 500m left to the village of the 10km from where the other bus dumped me.

So once I got to Villa Catedral, I caught the cable car and then a chairlift up to the top of Cerro Catedral. I arrived to the top and trekked along the ridge for a few hours towards the next refugio where a few other people were walking to spend the night there. Had great views over to Volcan Tronador, the biggest one around here (about 3400m) and could just see a bigger volcano on the northern horizon (about 3770m). Would be great to be up there with my snowboard for winter.

Booked a few bus trips before the Easter rush starts. Off to El Bolson for the weekend, and then will spend the Easter weekend doing a 19 hour bus trip to Buenos Aires.

3 comments:

Heinz said...

Just had to read the whole blog again from the beginning - it is terrific. Sounds like some interesting german names - only have to put an "o" at the end - Habsburgo - how about Mattio??? Love the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Hoi Louis,

thanks for the time you take every
evening to blogg.
It feels great to read and see your
adventures - somehow the unknown
becomes familiar with your reports!

Good luck and gut schluck!
Kurt the Swiss

Alcifer said...

It is awesome to hear about your adventures so rapidly.